Posts Tagged ‘google analytics’

Good Sunday.
This week was extremely busy and full of deadlines for the assignments and labs. The next one will be the same or even more loaded. Anyways, I am super motivated with my Open Source involvement, specifically with Mozilla team. I am strongly direct myself, that event after my OSD class will come to an end I will continue my contribution to Mozilla…my experience and willing to code grew enormously for the last couple of months.

github

OpenSource contribution matters

During this week I updated my previous bug with Google Analytics implementation for Goggles, my PR can be found here -> GA for goggles, right now I am waiting for review and hopefully it will be landed soon. While working on GA for goggles, Jon helped me to find out that we actually do not need CSP for goggles’s index page, no input fields there, so no potential vulenrability exists. After that, I filed a new bug (to remove CSP from index page, and leave it only for publish page) and send PR, which is under review.

Also, I updated CSP for Thimble, where I missed some sources when together.js were activated. I updated my PR here.

The last thing I did during this week was my little involvement with CSS, where a small fix had to be done. In Goggles, username, language picker and ‘sign in’ button were not aligned in one line. I took that bug, fixed it and pushed PR. I would say, that CSS is also a lot of fun, especially now, with all its power and functionality.
I was working mostly on small bugs this week, due to my lack of time. One major bug is still has to be done, its recoding the popcorn instance. I would work on that next week and week after, so that I would finish it before my next release.

And started my runnings today, which is absolutely great:) Summer almost came!
Bye, bye!:)

Advertisements

Good Sunday!
This week I was working on random bugs as well as I was fixing errors on my CSP implementation for Thimble. Also I reviewed Jon’s CSP implementation for Popcorn.webmaker.org.
To be more specific, here is my progress so far:

  • Google Analytics Events for Goggles, bug968291:
    I picked up this bug, while I was searching for some interesting things to implement. The basic idea of this bug is to add GA events to goggle, so when user clicks on different buttons (‘Activate X-Ray’,’Undo’,’Redo’,’Publish’ etc.). So the path to implement it was:

    1. Add webmaker-analytics to the bower
    2. Require ‘analytics’ inside the JS file, where ‘click’ events implemented
    3. Add analytics.event("Activate X-Ray", { label: "Activated" });
    4. Do it for every click event, where it needs
    5. Test…fix
  • The problem I faced in this bug was, that when I implemented analytics.event to ‘Undo’,’Redo’,’Publish’,’Help, ‘Quit’ – I wrote as a name of the event was passed as a text var, and so when analytics fires – this ‘text’ will be shown. The problem here is with localization, it means that if the language is different – the ‘text’ var will be in that language.(Thank @aali for pointing it out) But it is not what we need, that is why I added separate events to all the buttons. My pull request. I would like to thanks @thecount for the help he gave me during this bug. Also, I learned requirejs tool for javascript a little bit.

  • Refactoring ‘HOSTNAME’ vars in webmaker components to ‘HOSTNAME_APP’bug951709 – all components reviewed and merged.
  • Fixed minor bugs in Thimble CSPPR here
  • Removed ‘Add to Map’ link from webmaker-eventspull request 63 (merged)

Also my progress can be seen at my github page (admix)
For the next week I will be working on a final CSP for Thimble, recode the popcorn instance for popcorn.webmaker.org.